Dreams Come Alive
December 16, 2010. How could I ever forget this date? I woke up early in the morning as my regular routine. Nothing seemed to be special this day. It'll be another boring day of work. Oh no. I didn't mean I hate going to work. It's just that, I suddenly felt worn out of doing the same thing everyday for the last seven months.
I work as an SEO writer for my boss who develops business websites. I love writing. I really do. But something came on me for the past few days. I am not enjoying it anymore. I need a new environment. But not now. I need to earn money and it's all that matters. I prepared my breakfast, fixed myself and comfortably walk to my workplace. Little did I know that this day will make my life upside down.
As of my regular routine. I checked my written articles first before reading my new topics for the day. Hours passed and I got so bored and sleepy sitting on my chair, reading countless articles online to give me fresh ideas. I wanted to take a nap but I couldn't just leave my work, so I decided to relax myself by taking a break for a while.
I logged on to a dating site which I signed up for more than a month. Actually, I was not really looking for men to date. I only signed up because of the quizzes that this site offered. They're fun, I could say. I had gained a true friend in here. There were few guys who were interested but I kept myself at bay. I was at first skeptic about meeting people online. You'll never know that the person you're talking to is a psychopathic or normal.
There were plenty of men flashing on the screen that you could choose from. Their profiles were impressive. You could say that these guys were perfect for women... captivating pictures; interesting personal information and a lot more. I was too, driven by them but it's hard to easily trust people.
There was a certain profile who just flashed with a very few matches with my personality. He only rated 74% and I was kind of disappointed because he was the first person that day who rated very low to mine. The other guys rated as high 97%. But I was still intrigued though so I opened his profile. Wow! That's my intial reaction when I looked at his picture. He has very attractive eyelashes! Well, I wasn't interested with his personal information. It appeared to me that he was one of those guys who weren't interesting to know about. I was about to leave his profile when I spotted something. He knew how to speak Tagalog and it's surprising for me. Foreign men doesn't know my language unless they have lived here in my country. For a fleeting moment, I was thinking if I would say hi or just leave and decided to do the first. This was really my exact message. "You know how to speak Tagalog? It's amazing!"

No comments:
Post a Comment