Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Moment of Truth: His Arrival (Chapter V)

We talked about different stuff like family, interest, etc. He was so polite. I've realized that I like talking with him. He had sense of humor and he knew how to handle a conversation well. I liked his voice too. I've never been inclined with someone before. In just a little while, I was comfortably talking with him and wished not to stop the call.

The following night was also amazing because he called me again. Surprisingly too, he often talks to me now even in chat. But deep within me, I still keep reminding myself not to hope too much. I might get hurt in the end if he'll stop talking to me.

But as the days passed, he still keeps on talking. He even sang a happy birthday song to me over the phone and I found it as sweet gesture. No one has ever done it to me before. Oh no, will it result to positive thing or it'll be another heartache? How can resist him when he's telling me he's thinking about me. Is he interested of knowing me better?

One day was an unbelievable day for me. He told me he's coming visit me here in the Philippines. I was lost of words. What will I tell him? My heart was beating like a drum. Is it really for real? Or he was just kidding me? But he said he had already plane reservation.

On the following days that I was expecting his arrival, I could hardly sleep because of tension and excitement. What if he won't like me? What if I'll disappoint him with my looks? There were plenty of what if's running around my head! The only thing that kept me strong was my belief that if he's not for me, he won't be able to make it on the third week of January 2011.

I asked God to give me a sign if He would give him to me and He did! He made it on the 3rd week of January. I received a text message from him telling me he's already on the plane going to Manila and would be taking another plane going to Kalibo airport - our meeting place. Even though I was so nervous, I told him him I would pick him at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment